At Whispering Woods Gallery, we frequently work on glass replacement projects. Glass can break for many reasons.
- A proper hook was not used.
- The hanging hardware was not sufficient for the piece. Screw eye hangers and sawtooth hangers usually are not the best choice.
- The wire did not catch onto the hook properly.
- The frame was jarred by a person or object.
- House repairs to the roof or siding shook the wall.
- The art was not hung on a timely basis and was jarred while on the floor.
- The art was leaned against a wall without being secured.
Our goal is to safely dispose the broken glass, remove glass shards, repair or replace a broken frame, and replace the glazing with the appropriate choice. Prices vary according to size, type of glass used and complexity of the project. We stock five types of glass at our shop – Regular, Conservation Clear, Non-glare, Conservation Reflection Control and Museum. All glass is cut in our shop to fit your frame. Drop by with your piece and we’ll get it fixed up fast. No worries!