Recently I travelled to the Jersey shore and visited two homes in which I have done much custom framing. I thought that you might like to take a look! Click on the photo to view larger.
Here is a small sampling of some of our matted vintage postcards that we have available. They are creatively matted to fit 8×10 frames. Browse through hundreds at our shop or call Susan to see if we have your favorite. Do you need it shipped? No problem, we are happy to frame, gift wrap and ship.
One of our favorite assignments at Whispering Woods Gallery is when we are asked to showcase 12 years of school photos. This Newtown mom saw our Whispering Woods Gallery shop sample years ago and saved each wallet size photo for both her son and daughter. This is a lovely display using a simple white mat with navy blue trim, which are the school’s colors. A simple white frame with a beaded ornamentation frames the school photos. A UV filtering glass by Tru Vue was used to help prevent fading over the years. Not only do we think this is great design but the world wide framing community thought so too! We are proud that we won a third place in the Larson Juhl Design Star contest in the Photographs catagory in January 2014 for a similar design for this graduate’s older brother. Congratulations to the Class of 2015!
Thanks to all who voted for us in the Bucks Happening for best framer in Bucks County. We are happy to announce that for the third year in a row, we were the winner in the Picture Framing category. We truly appreciate you taking the time to vote and we thank Bucks Happening for being a part of our community.
It’s Graduation season and even though we are striving to live in a “paperless” world, 2015 graduates are still proudly receiving diplomas at their commencement ceremonies. A diploma is something to display, not put away in a closet or drawer. After all, it took much hard work over the years to earn it. Here are a few questions to ask when you frame your diploma.
- What kind of glass will be used? Does it block UV rays to help keep the paper and signatures from fading? Do you need an anti-reflective solution?
- Does the mat fit the certificate? Mats from a university book store diploma frame don’t necessarily fit your diploma. Why cover up something important?
- How will the diploma be secured in the frame? How will it be secured in the framing? Does it need to be dry-mounted? Is this a good idea?
- Is this framing process reversible? Good framing will come out of the frame in it’s original condition, without tape adhesive.
- Is the hanging hardware secure and proper for where you will hang it? A ready-made frame might not have the hanging solution for your walls. A professional framer can help you with that.
- Do I like the frame choice? Does it reflect my personality? Somebody in the fashion industry might pick something different than an accountant or attorney. Will the same frame be available for future diplomas and licenses?
- Should I take this to an expert? Professional framers study for years. They know what’s best. You want this to last for generations. Why settle for anything less?
Stop by Whispering Woods Gallery. We’ll show you diplomas that still look great from generations ago. We care to do it right. You should too. Congratulation 2015 Graduates! From Whispering Woods Gallery
Whispering Woods Galley is now on Instagram.We would be honored if you follow Whispering Woods Gallery on Instagram. Check us out at WhisperingWoodsGallery.
Love Instagram? Of course we have Instagram frames! Sometimes photos are so special that you want to look at them always. Free your photos from your Instagram account with a 5 x 5″ or an 8 x 8″ square photoframe. Not the perfect fit? We can cut you a custom mat on our computerized mat cutter before you can say, “Instagram!” We have some frames in stock and over a thousand to special order from. It’s easy to find the perfect frame for your special mobile moment.
We are delighted to announce that Whispering Woods Gallery won first place in the Textiles category at the Design Star Competition hosted by Larson Juhl on January 26, 2015. This competition gave framers the opportunity to showcase their design skills. Framers entered by submitting digital photos of their entries in seven categories: Objects, Mirrors, Textiles, Documents, Art on Canvas, Art on Paper and Photography.
It was an exciting night at the West Coast Art and Frame Show in Las Vegas and hundreds from the international framing community were in attendance. The event was emceed by Greg Perkins CPF, Marketing Manager for Larson Juhl and author of “Great Frame Design.” Awards were given by Drew Van Pelt, CEO at Larson Juhl. There were close to 900 entries internationally.
The winning framed textile piece by Whispering Woods Gallery was a blackwork stitchery stitched by Susan Gittlen MCPF and framed in Larson Juhl’s Marais line of moulding. The piece was so popular at the shop that several customers stitched their own versions from the pattern. It is on display at the shop.
In 2014, Susan Gittlen of Whispering Woods Gallery captured two third place awards in the Photography and Documents categories. She was also a judge in the Mirrors category for 2015. A framed design specially designed by Susan for the event was displayed.
Whispering Woods Gallery is located in Holland, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Whispering Woods Gallery is a family owned and operated custom frame shop established in 1986 winning numerous framing design awards and employing the only Master Certified Picture Framer in the Philadelphia area.